Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: STSDB Version 4

We can not engage with a release date. Currently, we are in process of patenting the algorithms behind the STSdb W4.0. Until then we can not publish anything.

If I understand correct STSDB W4 won't be open source anymore ?

STSdb W4.0 will be open source and free for non-commercial purposes.

Then question what standard open source license you will apply? As I know there is no possible to be open source only for non-commercial purposes and with patented algorithms.... You will apply your own license not standard like GPL and others?

Our primary intention is to provide the algorithm free for non-commercial purposes. But we are still discussing the proper license policy, that will suit the purpose.

Default RE

Quote Originally Posted by a.todorov View Post
    Our primary intention is to provide the algorithm free for non-commercial purposes. But we are still discussing the proper license policy, that will suit the purpose.
    1. Would be better to include a configurable [enable/disable] pre-built-in double or triple layer of different kinds of encryption. Encryption: 1-2-3 Decryption: 3-2-1. AES-Serpent-TwoFish - - TwoFish-Serpent-AES , and likewise, for data and blob storage. With Client provided Password, Client provided Encryption Decryption Keys, Password Salting, Iterations, etc. This procedure is implemented in TrueCrypt Virtual FileSystem Ecryption Software.

2. Table + Scheme + it's Blobs 1:1 Cloning, to the same DB, or into the other DB.

3. Database Strong Password Protection if DB encrypted.

4. Please give more attention to Garbage Collection Removal and Allocation, so that no Garbage space is wasted, but is allocated to the new Data insertions.

5. You can implement the Microsoft Exfat File System Allocation Bitmap Concepts and fully configurable Automation for Garbage Collection and for all other purposes.

6. Null Class/String/etc Objects storage without any exception.

Please tell just when you guarentee to release STSDB Version 4.

Thanks,
    Tushar
    Last edited by aroratushar; 25.08.2012 at 12:22.

It has been nearly two years and the version 4 is still under development?

About two years ago we discovered a new indexing data structure. We named it Waterfall tree.

STSdb W4 will be the first implementation of W-tree. The technology is now patented and the database is almost ready for it's first release.

Simultaneously, we are preparing a detailed white paper for the new technology.

Quote Originally Posted by a.todorov View Post
    About two years ago we discovered a new indexing data structure. We named it Waterfall tree.

STSdb 4 will be the first implementation of W-tree. The technology is now patented and the database is almost ready for it's first release.

Simultaneously, we are preparing a detailed white paper for the new technology.
    Hi, I studied quite a few .net based no-sql, STSdb is one of the best in both performance and API. Really good work!

I noticed that RaptorDB - The Key Value Store V2 (
    RaptorDB - The Key Value Store V2 - CodeProject) has a special home-made index called MGIndex works pretty well, together with new hash algo called murmur, comes out with good performance. I haven't done performance comparison with STSdb and RaptorDB, but I think it's good to look at other projects to learn from them. Just FYI.

Will STSdb W4 still be released? Any information would be appriciated.