Thread: Debug.Assert warning in v4.0.9

Default Debug.Assert warning in v4.0.9

Hello,
    I'm evaluating STSdb for my application and am seeing a debug exception in General\Collections\OrderedSet.cs on line 133. Here is a typical pair of values for idxTo and idxFrom:

idxTo=29747
    idxFrom=29748

In all cases I've seen, idxFrom has been 1 larger than idxTo. I can ignore the assertion and continue without seeing an actual exception (at least, as far as I've pushed it), but I have no confidence in the database after the assertion failure.

The test case is complex, and may be non-deterministic. But it generally has resulted in the assertion failure. I can send (or attach it to this issue) if that would be useful.
    - Mark Shirley

Greetings.

Could you attach your source code?

I'm trying to upload my example solution and failing. The zip file is 24.6 Mb. Virtually all of that is a data file that, while it doesn't contain the data I started with, represents the shape of that data in terms of accurate keys and values of the proper sizes such that the assert failure usually occurs. Is the size of this zip file too large for an attachment? Your system considers it an invalid file. It has a valid extension (.zip). I also tried a much smaller .zip file which also failed. When I say failed, I mean that the attachment manager uploads the file fully, then marks it with a red circle with an exclamation point in it indicating that there was some problem.

[I have no idea why text.zip is attached. That was my test of a small file, and it was in the attachment manager, but I didn't drag it to the attachments area for this message. In any case, this file has nothing useful in it.]
    Attached Files Attached Files

I found where the maximum sizes of upload file types are documented. Here's the project without the data file.

Here is the data file in three parts. It needs to be in the same directory as the executable.

My original test read binary telemetry packets from a set of files and inserted them into stsdb. In another thread, it did sequential reads at intervals. About 4,000,000 packets in, a Debug.Assert() warning was issued. This was generally repeatable in that it occurred during most runs. Which statement issued the warning was always the same. Although the values changed, they were always in the same relationship to each other (the to index was one less than the from index).

I'm running under windows 10, visual studio community edition 2015. My project is targeted at .NET 4.5.1, and I'm using Debug and x64 as the platform. STSdb 4.0.9 source is included in the solution so the asserts are checked. That project hasn't been touched and targets .NET 4.5.

We will review the case as soon as possible!

Has there been any progress on this? Were you able to reproduce the assertion failure?

Quote Originally Posted by mhshirley View Post
    Has there been any progress on this? Were you able to reproduce the assertion failure?
    The data files are corrupted.

Can you upload them somewhere else, maybe Google Drive so that we can investigate the issue?